Monday, September 13, 2010

Squirrels

Now that Fall is here (I need to get used to saying that, but I'm pretty sure I've also heard Autumn used), we are starting to see some leaves changing colour and falling to the ground.


The other things which are falling to the ground are acorns, which hit with some force.  I'm waiting to cop one on the head one day, but not yet.  This means that the squirrels have lots of work to do.  They are everywhere here.  Possums would be our equivalent, but being nocturnal, we don't see much of them, just hear them at night.  The squirrels are mostly active during the day, starting nice and early (they wake me up with their scurrying on (and under?) the roof), and continuing until quite late.


Unlike the locals, we think they are very cute, hence today's photos:





This one is taken from the path leading up to our place at the end (the river is beyond).  There were 3 of them scurrying about, but I only caught one in the frame:



No comments:

Post a Comment