It was a quaint little place - Ontario's Rosebud perhaps?? This part of Canada has lakes sprinkled all the way though it, fully deserving the region's name of "Land o' Lakes". I've mentioned the names of both of the lakes we went to to locals and no one had heard of them, which doesn't sound unusual. Lots of them are also accessible from Toronto so millions of people visit thousands/hundreds of thousands(?) of lakes, and all maintain that uncrowded country feeling.
All of that is about to come to an end. This weekend is Labour Day long weekend, and then school starts on Tuesday. Not sure what we'll do yet (other than buy ourselves a bed!). It's been oppressively hot and humid lately making any activity exhausting. It's raining at the moment, and I'm hoping that we will have some relief for a few days. I was obviously wrong about the end of summer being nigh, and I read today that we've had an unusually warm and wet August, with more predicted. I hope that the situation changes in time for winter though - we're counting on lots of snow!
So the kids are enrolled at school, and looking forward to starting that part of their Canadian adventure. John and I have both felt "local" for a while now - he at work and me running around organising things. I guess not being at school or having any other links had kept them in holiday/transient mode, so it will be great to have them a bit more settled.
School supplies have been purchased, but no uniforms to buy or shoes to get, so I suppose we're ready! Not sure how I plan to mark their first day at school (after 2 months with them every day, but who's counting??) but will find something to do I'm sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment