Friday, July 2, 2010

Welcome to the U S of A



We're here! After a not-too arduous flight and spending some quality time at LA Airport waiting for our shuttle bus, we arrived at our hotel, had a Nana-nap (ALL of us) and then made our way to THPOE (aka The Happiest Place on Earth, or Disneyland). Practically the first thing we saw was the street parade, with a theme of "Celebrate!!!". I have to put those exclamation marks in, because everything WAS so shiny, so perky, so positive! I was almost overwhelmed by the shiny-ness and smiley-ness of it all. Needless to say that "celebrate....you!!" has become one of my favourite sayings.

I don't think any of us knew what to expect, but we had a great time, staying for the evening shows - Fantasia, a light "spectacular" featuring Mr Mickey Mouse and lots of other characters, and finishing with the fireworks, which were a special 4th of July "Celebrate" theme. It was marvellous, but I did find myself thinking what I would do if everyone stood to attention and sang the National Anthem. Thankfully that didn't happen and we were whisked home by shuttle in a most efficient manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment