Enjoyed the museum, especially the First Nations stuff, the Butchart Gardens (is it compulsory to go there?).
Coffee update: enjoyed my best coffee since I left home: and that was only after some special requests, such as a small cup, milk not too hot, and extra strong, which I explained by referring to "cultural differences". The waitress agreed, and told me that I had to go next door, where they make REALLY good coffee - which wasn't much help as we were on our way out of town. Anyway. Just in case you're in Victoria on Vancouver Island - go to the place next door to Mo:le. Tell them I sent you.
To continue the travelogue:
Our hotel in Victoria had a small kitchen, which was all in one piece of enamelled metal:

They don't make them like that anymore, do they?
On our drive we saw deer(s) and a bear. I can prove it:
(this is the bear)
After staying in cities, large and small, we were all hanging out to be somewhere more peaceful, and we've succeeded. We've struck gold for the last few nights:
This was a kiwi fruit farm, and a perfect break when you have a sick kid. (Silas - he and I have been struggling with colds since before we left.)
It must have been good, because we hit the Wildplay Adventure Park the next day for some
Last night was Dolphins Resort, which is a collection of about 10 log cabins built in the 1950s and hardly touched since then, except to make tasteful and respectful improvements (such as the hot tub on the front balcony). We couldn't believe our luck as we all sat in the tub overlooking Discovery Passage and snow capped mountains on the mainland. Absolutely stunning. The cabin was just gorgeous too, a memorable destination in itself.
The last photo was taken at 10 o'clock in the evening - which just shows how far north we are. Daylight is at about 5.30 am (not good if you have people who wake up with the sun!).
No comments:
Post a Comment