Thursday, February 10, 2011

Value for money????

I think most of us try to make do if we don't have something we need at hand.  We might be resisting the urge to buy and store more stuff, we might be trying to save money, or we might think there's no need for this thing if something else can do the job.

For example, a scone cutter:


I've usually found a wine glass just as good.


Until now.


Didn't think our cheapo wine glasses were quite fine enough, so used the lovely crystal champagne flute which I picked up for $2 at St Vinnies.

Not smart.  It disintegrated in my hand, cutting a couple of fingers.

A rushed trip to the emergency department, 10 stitches, a follow up trip to a GP for antibiotics and $1,000 later, I bought the above featured cutters for $3.99 yesterday. Not such a luxury after all.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - I hope your ok.
    Well I know your not - it's hard having a hand out of action.
    I'm sending you a big 'hope you heal quickly' hug over the net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard it was terrible. I hope no lasting effects. Do you cook on gas or electric there?

    ReplyDelete