Thursday, February 17, 2011

Exercise for ladies with poles

Yes, don't laugh, I have found a new form of exercise this winter.


I'm doing a class run by the local community centre and I'm finding it a great way to keep active and learn something new at the same time.


Apparently it's great for all ages, even people with injuries.  


You don't need much in the way of special equipment (other than the poles of course!)


I like it because it's an upper body workout as well as being aerobic.


I wasn't aware of anyone doing it at home, but I'm hoping I continue with it on our return.


Want to know more/see a picture?  


here I am......






Nordic walking - I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. That is utterly tragic! What, exactly, are you learning?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nordic walking - invented by the scandinavians, originally a way of training for cross country skiing in the summer. Apparently it's huge in Europe, but so much here, although you do see people doing it. Get in early with the next big thing!

    ReplyDelete